- Age / Gender:
- 16, Unspecified
- Minnesota, United States
- All Stats >
- Community Stats
Level 1 Musician
Ranked as Civilian
Contact Info / Websites
Right off the bat, I have a nice-ish $600 PC. I don't want to divulge the specs because that's boring and takes time, but take my word for it-- it's pretty decent, and it does the job for music production.
Since my latest post, I've purchased a few things, namely the following:
- I've switched my primary DAW to REAPER, with a personal use license. ($59 USD)
- On a side note, I find REAPER to be an incredibly useful daw that promotes productive workflow in an individual like myself. The routing, the effects, and the modulation capabilities are especially intriguing to me; the highlight of those three, in my personal opinion, would be the Parameter Modulation option. I can duck or boost any parameter in accordance with another sound using the signal follower feature, which I find very useful for ducking reverbs. REAPER is also updated regularly with new features that I always find useful. It's cheap, too.
- I've purchased Image-Line's Sytrus. ($179 USD)
- I'm renting Xfer's Serum. ($9.99/mo USD)
- I use the M-Audio Keystation 49. (Purchased for $89)
- I use crappy COWIN headphones I bought off of Amazon. ($69 or so?)
The only things I plan to change about that in the future are the headphones (looking for a new pair as I speak) and the M-Audio KS49 midi controller (I'd prefer weighted keys, looking at the Komplete Kontrol series).
The free VSTs I use are as follows:
- ReaPlugs suite along with various JSFX utilities
- Ambience reverb
- Melda Production free bundle (namely using MWaveShaper and MRingModulator)
Overall these things give me a good enough sound. I think I can produce quality music with these things while still not limiting my creative capability. I'd recommend this setup for anybody who wants to get into music production, but as always, no setup is the end-all-be-all best setup, per se.
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 9 (From 2 different games.)